Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mom, What's For Dinner?

Its something that I hear nearly every day. For our dinner tonight, I made some pork and chives dumpling and steam chinesse brocoli with oyster sauce. We had them with some rice.

Here is the recipe for my dumplings

Ingredients :
500 gr pork minced
2 bunches garlic chives, chopped
50 pieces dumpling wrap
6 garlic, very finely chopped
2 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
1 egg
salt and pepper


Method:
Mix all the ingredients, then put about 1 teaspoonfull of the mix into the dumpling wrap, right in the center. Fold it, and wet the edge with water. In the hot pan, put some oil and place the dumpling till brown. Pour some boiling water and cover it for about 3 minutes or until cooked. Serve with chilli sauce.

1 comment:

Amel said...

I WANT to make dumplings, but there are no stores selling dumpling wraps here, so I must make them first...sob sob...I'm gonna do it after I finish my training since then I have MUCH time to cook! ;-D