Friday, January 9, 2009

Tumbarumba Rodeo

Tumbarumba Rodeo is held every year, on new years day. My boys and I along with our good friends went to see it. There were wild horses, bucking bulls, barrel racing and team roping. Also the clown, sideshows and food stalls. It was a very big event. The crowd were large, babies, children, elderly, family, most of them dressed up as a cowboy or cowgirl. You can see the country atmosphere there. Very interesting.






We started our day with the busy morning preparing our lunch, drink and other nibbles. We left Tumut around 9.30 and we didn't get back until 6 in the evening. The day was beautiful, bright sunny day with nice blue sky and the cool breeze blowing once in a while. Steven really enjoyed the show, while for me once I saw a bull, I saw them all. I liked the horses though. Jamie and Ari had nice time with the games and slush puppy. I could just see the big smiles on their faces when we left the show.



Below is the video of a cowboy riding a bull.


Team roping


On the way home, we visited a friend that lives and works at the apple orchard.Pity that the apple season not starting till February. Otherwise it would be another experience for us to do apple picking.




While we were in the car, the boys already talked about when they can go see another rodeo.

2 comments:

Trinity said...

wow.. your life is really interesting!! I never thought I will really have this kinda experience!

Anonymous said...

Trin, I am very fortunate that I experience all those. And I thank Go for that.