Monday, April 6, 2009

Pikelets Recipe

Just want to share this very simple and easy pikelets recipe. You can have them for morning or afternoon tea or even for dessert. I always double the recipe since my boys love it so much.

Here is the recipe (makes 25)
1 egg
1 tbspoon of caster sugar
1 cup of self raising flour
1 tbspoon of melted butter
1/2 cup of milk
pinch of salt

Method
Whisk egg and sugar until white and creamy. Then add the flour, salt, milk and butter gradually until smooth.
Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Drop level tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan. When the bubbles appear on the surface, turn it over and cook other side for half a minute or until golden brown.

Serve with jam and cream, or maple syrup, or ice cream (my favourite) to make a different varieties.

5 comments:

blank said...

looks like pan-cake to me... my boys love MacDonald pan-cake. Maybe next time we will try your suggestion and add in a scope of ice cream.

Amel said...

Yeah, I agree with Ventana...pikelets do sound like pancakes he he he he...

feb said...

I suppose they are very similar. I think the difference is that the pikelet mixture is thicker than the pancake :) Can somebody help with this?

Vonny said...

thick pancake? :) the recipe is the same as pancake for me. sorry..

blank said...

My boys would say... "looks like pancake, taste like pancake, smell like pancake... call it whatever you like, just give me more!"... :P