Monday, March 30, 2009

Beautiful Sunday

Took advantage of beautiful weather and the last weekend before the daylight saving ending next Sunday, we decided to have a ferry ride to the city. We took 10 o'clock ferry and it was so packed. It wasn't surprise me because the weather was so lovely and the cheap ticket they offer every Sunday for the family. Family Funday Sunday, is $2.50 per person with under 4 years old is free with full paid adult, and that is included train, bus, ferry and some private bus as well. So for us, it cost $10.00, what a fantastic value.

Peek-a boo

The beautiful Sydney Opera House

Sydney Harbour Bridge


Fifty five minutes later, after all the excitement on board, we arrived at Circular Quay and walked around the area, where Sydney Opera House just a very short stroll away. I can't let the beautiful view of Sydney Harbour and Sydney Harbour Bridge pass without I capture it with my camera. So there I was, very busy took so much pictures while the boys were running around happily just being in the big city.

After walked around the opera house, we all felt so hungry. We took the bus to China Town, and had lunch at the food court there. We had three different dish. The boys shared nice noodle soup with some dumplings and meatballs, Steven ordered yummy chillie chicken with some vegetables served with rice, and I couldn't resist home-cooked style Indonesian food. Yummy....

Then we walked to Darling Harbour where the nice playground with sandpit is. Ari and Jamie just loved being there. They had so much fun digging and play in the sand. We were there for nearly two hours. It was so relaxing when the boys played nicely together.
Playground at Darling Harbour




Before we took the ferry back home, we bought ourselves nice ice cream. It was a nice thing to finish the beautiful Sunday.

8 comments:

blank said...

Sydney looks nice and clean. I have never been to Sydney before, maybe some day I will. :)

"It was so relaxing when the boys played nicely together" that sounds familiar... If my boys don't fight during play, its peaceful and fun watching them... hahaha

Hey... I think both our junior born in the same year and month.... 2004 May with a few days diff. :)

Lilly said...

What a nice Sunday trip!
For kids, outdoor activity and enjoy sunshine with family are fantastic!

Little Impala said...

What a wonderful Sunday you have! I can't believe the ferry ride is so cheap and the view of the Sydney Opera House is amazing!

feb said...

Ventana, when you come to Sydney, I'll be your tour guide :)
Jamie's birthday is 3rd of May, when is your lil one birthday? So, party time soon huh?

Lily, my boys love outdoor activities and we are very lucky that we live in the place that has got so many options for it.

Crazymommy, thanks for visiting. The ferry ride is very cheap indeed. Good value for the family.

blank said...

Febriana, you be our family's tour guide? hahaha... I guess that will move Sydney a few ranking up in my "To visit" list. *hmmm* I need a break to escape from work...

My younger boy's birthday is on 21 May and he already started "lobbying" about how to celebrate his birthday in school with classmates. I will KIV his celebration for the moment, cos his brother's birthday is on 21 April..

Vonny said...

My girls really want to go to Australia. Perth and Sydney ? hm..

When we are going there ( When is the biggest question ) surely will ask your suggestion on where to go.

Trinity said...

Vonny, If I go to sydney, surely I will ask Febri to take us go around sydney... hehehe... enak juga ngerepotin... hahaha

Feb, I will take ferry ride as well someday... hm...someeeeday...

feb said...

No worries guys.... will always be happy to take you places and show you beautiful Sydney :)

Trin, ok, ok, gua siap lah direpotin elu hahaha