Saturday, March 21, 2009

Durian : King of Fruits?

Some people say that durian is king of fruits. Not too sure why, but definitely it has a very distinctive look, smell, flavour and texture. Its shape roundish, with an average size of a small soccer ball, and it has got thorns all over it. Inside, its divided into few sections, which contains two or three pieces, and the colour of the flesh is pale-yellow.


The texture of its flesh is kinda soft and creamy, but once you get close to the stone, it gets a bit stringy.

One thing about durian, you will love it OR you will hate it, nothing in between. My hubby and I are both durian lovers. He doesn't buy durian too often, as the price is not cheap here in Australia. Few days ago, he bought a frozen durian as a treat for us, and it was so yummy. Of course fresh is always the best, but for me, as I grew up in Indonesia where you can find durian very easily, the frozen one was OK too, especially when I am craving for it.

4 comments:

Amel said...

I'm the one who hates durian he he...

blank said...

Durians! yummy! In Singapore, there are different grades of durians for us to choose and pick. I like both the bitter and also the sweet grade depends on my mood.

Once a while my in-laws will buy one whole basket of durians (about 10 durians) and the whole family will gather and feast... hahaha.

Little Impala said...

My family and I also durian lovers. And since there is no fresh one here in US, we bought the frozen ones. Surprisingly, they taste really good too! ;)

feb said...

Hi Carrol, thanks for visiting. Went to the blog you recommended, and its a very good one. Thanks for letting me know :)